Grilled Jumbo Shrimp With Citrus Sauce
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp, about 18 shelled and cleaned
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- ½ tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups vegetables (use artichokes, fennel, red bell pepper, and cut into large cubes)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- For the marinade, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the shrimp and marinate for about 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- When the marinating time is over, make the vegetable sauté. In a sauté pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the vegetables and garlic; sauté for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Add the balsamic vinegar and continue cooking for 1 minute more.
- To make the citrus vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk to dissolve the honey.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and grill or broil for 2 minutes on each side.
- Divide the sautéed vegetables among 6 salad plates, put 3 shrimp on top of each, and pour on the citrus vinaigrette.