Grilled Gulf Snapper With Avocado And Tomatillo Salsa
Recipe Type: Entree
- 5 tomatillos, husks removed, coarsely chopped
- ¼ white onion, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 serrano or jalapeno chilies, stemmed seeded, and coarsely
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 32 oz gulf snapper fillets
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
- Combine tomatillos, onion, garlic, chilies, water and vinegar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer solid ingredients to a blender. Add avocado, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of the cooking liquid. Blend just until smooth, adding additional cooking liquid if necessary. Transfer to a
- saucepan, season with salt and pepper and heat through just before serving.
- Sprinkle snapper with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat grill with vegetable spray. Grill fish over medium-high heat until cooked, but not falling apart, about 4 minutes on each side.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.