Grilled Flank Steak With Lime-Chipotle Sauce
Recipe Type: Entree
- ½ lb flank steak or tri-tip
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon chipotle chilies, in adobo minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix honey with chilies, mustard, lime juice, garlic, cumin, allspice, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Marinate steak at least 1 hour. Drain off marinade into small saucepan and simmer.
- Grill or barbecue steak, basting with marinade.
- Slice steak against the grain and pour remaining marinade over meat.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.