Grilled Fingerling Potatoes and Halloumi Salad
Author: Chef Kent Rathbun courtesy of Coyote Outdoors
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes (assorted colors), cut in half and soaked in water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices red onion, peeled, ½ inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, stem, seeds and membrane removed and cut into sheets 1" x 2" long
- 1 tablespoon pimenton
- 1 tablespoon Kent Rathbun Elements Steak & Chop Garlic Salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut 1" x 2 " long and ¼" thick
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- ¼ cup Kent Rathbun Elements Roasted Shallot-Black Pepper Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Basil (chiffonade) or micro basil
- Drain potatoes of all water.
- In a mixing bowl, add potatoes and olive oil. Toss until potatoes are coated.
- Add red onion and bell peppers to the potatoes.
- Season vegetables with pimenton and Kent Rathbun Elements Steak & Chop Garlic Salt. Toss all vegetables until coated.
- Preheat the Coyote Grill to medium high heat and preheat the Coyote Griddle to approximately 325 degrees.
- Once grill is preheated place potatoes face side down and grill until they are golden brown and tender. Turning the potatoes while cooking.
- When the potatoes are about half way done, place onions and bell peppers on the grill. Grill until they are tender and grill marks develop.
- While vegetables are cooking, place clarified butter on the griddle and cook the halloumi cheese until golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Once the potatoes, onions and bell peppers are done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Julienne the bell pepper and halloumi cheese.
- Return all ingredients to the mixing bowl and toss with lemon zest until coated.
- Separate the potato salad on 8 individual plates. Using a spoon, drizzle Kent Rathbun Elements Roasted Shallot-Black Pepper Vinaigrette over the salad.
- Garnish with the chiffonade basil or micro basil.