Grilled Chicken, New Potato And Roasted Garlic Quesadilla
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Entree
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- Olive oil (as needed)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 small new potatoes, cut in half
- 12 flour tortillas - (6" dia)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup white Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 garlic head, roasted
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat grill.
- Brush chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through, remove and let rest.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill cut-side down until golden brown, turn over and continue grilling until cooked through.
- Place 8 tortillas on a flat surface. Divide both cheeses among the tortillas. Slice chicken on the bias into ¼-inch thick slices. Cut each potato half in half. Divide the chicken, potatoes, garlic and thyme among the 8 tortillas. Stack tortillas to make four. Top with the remaining four tortillas. Brush the top with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill, oil-side down until golden brown. Carefully flip over and continue grilling until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.