Grilled Char Siu 5-Spice Louisiana Alligator Ribs
VIEW/PRINT Alligator marinated in char siu sauce, then baked, smoked, and grilled to perfection
- 24 ea Louisiana Alligator Ribs
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 cup Soy sauce
- ½ cup Rice vinegar
- ½ cup Mirin rice wine
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1½ Tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- Combine garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, honey, 5-spice powder, sesame oil and sesame seeds in sauce pot. Bring to simmer and remove from heat. Reserve.
- Reserve a third of char siu sauce to brush on later. Combine remaining sauce with and toss to coat well. Marinate overnight.
- Place ribs and marinade in ovenproof dish and cover. Bake in a 325°F oven for 3 hours. Remove ribs from cooking liquid and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Prepare smoker and smoke ribs for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill. Coat ribs with some remaining char siu sauce. Grill over medium-high heat until charred on both sides and brush one final time with remaining sauce. Serve with remaining char siu sauce on the side.