Grilled Beef Top Loin Steaks with Balsamic Vegetables
Recipe Type: Entree
- 2 boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano or thyme
- Bring vinegar to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer about 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Set aside.
- Press 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning evenly onto beef steaks.
- Soak two 10-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Thread onion wedges onto skewers. Brush onions and cut sides of squash with oil; sprinkle with remaining teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium doneness (160°F), turning occasionally.
- Grill squash 8 to 12 minutes (7 to 11 minutes for gas) and onions 12 to 15 minutes (13 to 16 minutes for gas) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove onions from skewers; toss reduced vinegar, oregano and salt, as desired.
- Carve steaks into slices. Serve with onion mixture and squash; season steak and squash with salt, as desired.