Grilled Beef Fajitas on a Stick
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- ⅓ cup prepared Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 green or red bell peppers, each cut into quarters
- 2 medium onions, cut crosswise into ½-inch thick slices
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter), warmed
- Prepared salsa
- Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into ½-inch thick strips.
- Thread beef, weaving back and forth, evenly onto skewers.
- Combine dressing and lime juice in small bowl.
- Brush onto bell peppers, onions and beef.
- Place vegetables on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- About 10 minutes before vegetables are done, place beef skewers on grid with vegetables.
- Grill beef, uncovered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove beef from skewers; season with salt.
- Serve with vegetables and salsa, as desired, in tortillas.