Grilled Australian Lamb Chops with Burro Rosso
Recipe Type: Entree
- 8 Australian lamb loin chops, 1¼ inch thick (2 per person)
Garlic-Rosemary Oil Blend Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Burro Rosso (flavored butter) Ingredients
- 1 or 2 anchovy fillets (optional, to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, whole, peeled
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire or A-1 sauce
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened (1 stick)
- Salt to taste
- Set up a charcoal grill for medium heat or preheat an outdoor gas grill.
- Combine ingredients for the garlic-rosemary oil in a small bowl and brush generously over both sides of the chops and set aside.
- In a food processor, add optional anchovy, garlic and mustard and process to a paste. Add remaining ingredients except salt and process to smooth. Taste for salt.
- Grill chops to your desired doneness, but they are best cooked to medium rare, when the internal temperature reaches 130-135°F.
- Place chops on platter and spoon one generous teaspoon of the butter over each and serve. Extra butter may be rolled in plastic wrap and frozen. Cut off slices as needed.