Grilled Asian Short Ribs
- 4 lb beef short ribs; *
- ⅔ cup green onions; thinly sliced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup dark-roasted sesame oil
- 2½ tablespoon brown sugar; packed
- 1½ tablespoon sesame seeds; toasted, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic; crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger; grated
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground szechuan pepper
- 1 fresh mild red chili peppers
- 1 green onions
- 1 radish rose
- Trim the beef short ribs and cut no more than ⅜ to ½” thick.
- Combine sliced green onions, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, brown sugar, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger, red pepper and Szechuan peppercorns.
- Place beef short ribs and marinade in plastic bag or utility dish, turning to coat.
- Close bag securely or cover dish and marinate in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove ribs from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place ribs on grill over medium coals.
- Broil 5 to 6 minutes. Turn ribs over; brush or spoon on marinade.
- Cover and continue cooking 5 to 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place ribs on platter; garnish with chili peppers, green onions and radish rose.