Grilled Ahi Tuna "Sashimi" Strips With Wasabi Vinaigrette
Author: Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 2 6 oz ahi tuna steaks
- Peanut oil, as needed
- Salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 cups mizuna leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat grill.
- Brush steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 1 minute on each side (just to obtain grill marks). Remove and slice each steak into 8 slices.
- Place 1 cup of mizuna on each plate. Divide avocado and tomatoes among plates. Drizzle with the wasabi vinaigrette.
- Wasabi vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.