Five-Spice Australian Lamb Shoulder Chops and Ruby Grapefruit-Fennel Salad
Recipe Type: Entree, Appetizer
- 8 Australian Lamb shoulder chops, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon honey, softened
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 ruby grapefruit, segmented and pith removed
- 1 small bulb fennel, white part only, finely sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place the lamb chops in a flat dish. Combine the five-spice powder, honey, soy and wine and mix well. Pour over the chops, turning chops so they are fully coated in mixture. Cover and marinate 20 minutes or overnight.
- To make the salad, combine the grapefruit, fennel, cilantro and watercress in a bowl. Whisk together the oil and juice, season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss through the salad.
- Heat a barbecue to medium and grill the chops, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Serve with the salad and a loaf of sourdough bread.