Caribbean Beef Burgers with Mango Salsa
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 large mango, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine ground beef and jerk seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into four ¾-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 14 minutes), until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Season with salt, as desired. *Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine salsa ingredients in medium bowl, mixing lightly. Serve burgers with salsa.
- *If using 95% Lean Ground Beef, combine Ground Beef with ¼ cup soft bread crumbs, 1 egg white and ingredients as directed in step 1.