Author: White Lily
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- ¼ cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1¼ cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs large
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli or frozen chopped broccoli
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Add 1 tablespoon oil to 8 or 10-inch cast iron skillet or 9-inch baking pan. Place in oven to preheat.
- COMBINE milk, ¼ cup oil and eggs in large bowl. Add cornmeal mix, onion powder and black pepper. Stir until just moistened. Fold in cheese and broccoli.
- POUR into preheated skillet or pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Check out White Lily for ingredients.