Big Sky Badlands BBQ Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup minced sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced Jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 tablespoons minced dried chipotle
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 15 ounces Tomato puree
- ½ teaspoon black pepper corns
- ¼ teaspoons celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon toasted cumin seed, ground
- ¼ teaspoon toasted coriander seed, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
- ¼ teaspoon Allspice
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Put the onion, garlic, vinegar, jalapeno, chipotle, lime juice and 4
- tablespoons of hot water into blender jar, cover tightly and let
- steep for about 10-15 min.
- After 15 minutes puree until fairly smooth and very well mixed.
- Pour the tomato puree into a 2 quart saucepan and start warming on
- low. stir the pepper, vinegar mixture into the warming tomato puree (don't let the puree boil or bubble).
- Stir in the rest of the spices and let sauce simmer on medium-low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the molasses and the liqiud smoke, stir well to mix.
- Cook 3 minutes and remove from heat.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.