Basil Chimichurri Grilled Louisiana Shrimp Skewers
Recipe Type: Entree
Grilled Louisiana shrimp in chimichurri marinade
- 4 lb Louisiana Shrimp, 16/20, peeled and deveined, tail off
- 6 cups Cilantro, leaves
- 6 cups Fresh basil, leaves
- 6 Tbsp Fresh oregano
- 6 ea Garlic, whole cloves
- 4 ea Jalapeños, no seeds
- ½ cup Shallot, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 6 Tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 6 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1½ Tbsp Black pepper
- ¾ cup Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Combine cilantro, basil, oregano, garlic, jalapeños, shallots, cumin, sherry vinegar, lime juice and black pepper in a food processor. Process until a paste forms and drizzle olive oil until incorporated. Reserve 1 cup chimichurri to serve on the side.
- Skewer each Louisiana shrimp through the tail and then the head to form a “C”. Place skewers in a bowl, pour remaining chimichurri marinade over and toss to coat well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours before cooking.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill shrimp over medium-hot grill and cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve with remaining chimichurri sauce on the side.