Barbecued Ginger Lamb Satays with Thai Dipping Sauce
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1½ pounds Australian lamb steak, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown or palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Combine the lamb strips with the ginger, garlic, sugar, fish sauce and sesame oil. Refrigerate and marinate for 2-3 hours if time permits.
- Thread the lamb onto 8 bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue or char grill and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until the lamb is cooked. Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds (optional) and the dipping sauce and steamed jasmine rice.
- To make the dipping sauce: combine the lime juice, sweet chili sauce, chopped coriander and chili. Spoon into small bowls to serve.