Author: Mrs. Jack Steinhauser
Recipe Type: Side Dish
The Collection. Junior League of Austin Texas. 1976
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- ¼ cup minced bell pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp, crumble.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- Combine drippings with vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Toss cabbage with onion, bell pepper and dressing, mix well
- Add bacon just before serving