Apricot Habanero Glaze
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce, Glaze
Makes a great glaze for pork, especially ribs. Give it a try on chicken and fish.
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped dried habanero
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbs butter, (optional)
- 1½ Tbs dark brown sugar
- 12 whole dried sultanas, chopped
- 3 Tbs apricot preserves
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Bring ½ cup of water to a boil in a saucepan or small skillet.
- Reduce heat and add the habanero flakes, salt and butter.
- When the flakes have softened and the butter is melted add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the raisins and apricot preserves. Cut any larger pieces of apricot into smaller pieces. Make sure everything is dissolved.
- Add the vinegar and stir.
- Allow the glaze to simmer/thicken
- Add a little bit of water, as needed, to keep from scorching The glaze should take on a nice dark brown color.