Alaska Salmon Salad Monterey
Recipe Type: Entree
- 4 Alaska Salmon steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive, canola, peanut or grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 package (10 oz.) ready-to-eat salad greens
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- ¼ to ⅓ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat broiler or grill to medium-high heat.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Brush both sides of salmon with oil. Place salmon on a spray-coated broiling pan or well-oiled grill. Cook salmon 4 inches from heat for 12 to 15 minutes for frozen salmon OR 8 to 9 minutes for fresh/thawed fish, turning once during cooking. Season with salt and pepper after turning. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- For dressing, combine olive oil, lemon juice, chives, honey, and mustard in a shaker jar. Cover and shake well.
- In large bowl, toss together salad greens, grapes and half of toasted walnuts. Spoon salad mixture onto four dinner plates. Place one piece of salmon over each salad. Shake dressing; drizzle over each salad. Sprinkle salads with reserved walnuts. Garnish with fresh chives, grape clusters and/or lemon slices as desired. Serve immediately.