Alaska Halibut with a Green Chile Blanket
Recipe Type: Entree
- ½ cup mayonnaise or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 can (4 oz.) mild diced green chiles
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 Alaska Halibut steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1 sheet (12”x18”) aluminum foil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or chives
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine mayonnaise, green chiles and lime juice; set aside.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Halibut under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Place halibut on a spray-coated foil sheet on grill. Cook 9 minutes for frozen halibut OR 5 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Turn halibut over and liberally spoon mayonnaise mixture onto cooked side of each portion. Sprinkle with cilantro and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.