Toasted Israeli Couscous Salad W Grilled Summer Vegetables
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 green zucchini (quartered lengthwise)
- 2 yellow zucchini (quartered lengthwise)
- 6 asparagus spears (trimmed)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper (quartered, seeded)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (quartered, seeded)
- ¼ cup basil chiffonade
- ¼ cup coarsely-chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Israeli couscous
- Vegetable stock (heated)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic, slowly add the olive oil and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Pour ½ the marinade over the vegetables and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the vegetables from the marinade and grill the vegetables until just cooked through. Cut the zucchini and peppers into ½-inch pieces, cut the tomatoes in half.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the couscous and toast until lightly golden brown. Cover the couscous with the hot stock and bring to a boil, cook until al dente and drain well.
- Place in a large serving bowl, add the grilled vegetables and herbs and toss with the remaining vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.