Stuffed Marinated Veal Chops
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Main
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella, ½” thick
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (finely chopped)
- 4 sage leaves (cut chiffonade)
- 4 veal chops, 2″ thick (pocket cut into side)
- 4 roasted garlic cloves (mashed to paste)
- ¼ tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- Stuff each chop with 1 slice of mozzarella and ¼ of the prosciutto and sage chiffonade and secure with toothpicks and place in a medium shallow baking dish.
- Whisk together the garlic, olive oil and vinegar and pour over the veal chops. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove chops from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the chops for 7 to 8 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.