Recipe: Cajun Plank Grilled Wild Salmon
Recipe Type: Entree
- 3 lbs. Wild Alaskan Salmon Fillets
- ¼ cup Sesame or Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Type seasoning, (I use Emeral’s Original)
- Ground Pepper to taste, (preferably lots!)
- Several sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 1 Cedar plank sized to the fillet
- Spray or Brush a coat of oil on the flesh side of the salmon fillet. Dust with the Garlic powder, Seasoning and Pepper. Rub the seasoning into the salmon using small circular motions with your fingertips and spray/brush with oil again. Refrigerate for an hour.
- On a hot gas grill, (you may want to take the grill off, so you sit the plank onto direct flame), heat the plank for 5 minutes on each side.
- Spray/brush one side of the plank with Oil, place salmon skin side down on the oiled side of the plank. Set the plank on the fire, close grill and let cook, watching very closely. Having the grill closed will control the fire somewhat, although opening the grill will cause flame-ups, control this with a spritzer bottle. Having the plank burn some is desirable, but having it incinerate is not. Cook to 140 degrees.