Pulled Pork Scramble
Author: Pork Be Inspired
Recipe Type: Entree
- 6 ounces cooked pulled pork
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small red bell pepper, cored and cut into ¼-inch dice
- ½ small green bell pepper, cored and cut into ¼-inch dice
- ½ small onion, cut into ¼-inch dice
- ¼ cup shredded cheese, such as Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella, divided
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the pork and stir occasionally until hot, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate or bowl, cover loosely to keep warm, and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, add the bell peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are softly set, about 2 minutes. Stir in about half of the pork.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are set, about 1 minute.
- Scatter the cheese and the remaining pork on top and serve.
Serving Suggestions This hearty scramble can be doubled if you’re cooking for a crowd (use two skillets) or halved for fewer servings (use a medium skillet). To give it an Italian spin, use mozzarella cheese and top it with chopped fresh basil. For a Latin spin, use Cheddar or Jack and serve hot sauce and tortillas on the side.