Pulled Pork Quesadillas
Author: Pork Be Inspired
Recipe Type: Entree
- ½ pound cooked pulled pork1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- ½ green bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature (optional)
- 4 9- or 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack, Cheddar, or Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa, for serving (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees F and arrange a baking sheet in the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a plate or bowl and set aside. Carefully wipe out the skillet and set aside.
- Lightly spread the butter, if using, on one side of each tortilla. Lay the tortillas, buttered side down, on a work surface. Arrange ½ cup of cheese on half of each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border at the edge.
- Arrange the bell peppers and pork on top, then fold the tortillas in half over the fillings.
- Rewarm the skillet over medium heat. Add 2 of the quesadillas and cook, covered, until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully turn and cook, uncovered, until golden brown on the other bottom half and the cheese has melted, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer the finished quesadillas to the baking sheet in the oven. Carefully wipe out the skillet and repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 to 6 wedges. Serve with salsa, if using.
Serving Suggestions To make these quesadillas even easier to prepare, substitute jarred roasted red peppers or canned green chiles, cut into strips, for the sautéed bell peppers. To change things up, add chopped tomato, diced onion, sliced olives, or cilantro.