There was a debate going on in my head this morning on whether I should post this recipe or wait until I had tweaked it a little. I finally decided that I’d go ahead and post it and then post an update at a later date with my changes. The recipe, as it is, has a very nice Asian flavor profile, but it’s very, very sweet. I liked the flavor along, but I think it needs a little acid to brighten the flavor up a little. I’m thinking a squeeze of lime juice or better yet a tablespoon or two of Yuzu juice.
For those who want to give it a try as it is, or tweak it yourself, here’s the super simple recipe.
- ¼ cup Terrapin Ridge Farms Passion Fruit Jalapeno Jelly
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt to taste
- In a small sauce pan, over low heat melt the jelly.
- Add the lemongrass paste and water
- Using a food processor or immersion blender process until smooth.
- If you want to avoid the bits of lemongrass an jalapeno strain the mixture through a fine mesh and return to heat.
- Heat until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and brush or pour over salmon.
This post is the result of a free sample of Passion Fruit Jalapeno Jelly from Terrapin Ridge