Marinated Grilled Louisiana Drumfish with Grilled Lemon Sauce
Recipe Type: Entree
Tender Louisiana fish grilled and served with zesty lemon sauce
- 8 ea Louisiana Drumfish fillets, 8 oz. ea.
- 2 cups Onions, sliced
- 2 ea Garlic, whole cloves, crushed
- 15 ea Lemon slices
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1½ Tbsp Coriander, ground
- 12 sprigs Thyme, fresh, whole sprigs
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1 ea Lemon, halved
- 2 Tbsp Creole seasoning
- 1½ cups White wine
- ½ cup Shallots, minced
- ¾ cup Heavy cream
- 1 lb Butter, unsalted, cold, ½-inch cubes
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Chives, chopped
- Combine water, salt and brown sugar. Submerge Louisiana Drumfish fillets in brine and refrigerate for 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove fillets from brine and pat dry. Season with black pepper and Creole seasoning.
- Combine onions, garlic, lemon slices, paprika, cayenne, coriander, thyme, lemon slices and olive oil in large bowl or dish. Toss Louisiana Drumfish fillets in marinade and coat evenly. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill. When ready, coat flesh side of the halved lemons in Creole seasoning and grill flesh-side down until blackened. Squeeze juice from lemons and reserve.
- Combine white wine and shallots in medium sauce pot. Bring to simmer and reduce volume by ½. Add cream and simmer additional 5 minutes. Add butter in pieces while whisking constantly. Add 2 Tbsp. grilled lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve sauce warm.
- Remove fillets from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Place fillets skin-side down on oiled grill over medium-high heat. Grill skin side until edges begin to brown and then flip over and cook flesh side for additional 2-3 minutes. Remove fillets from grill.
- Serve fillets with sauce spooned over and garnish with chopped chives.