Italian Marinated Steak with Grilled Ratatouille
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 small eggplant, cut crosswise into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 large red or yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- ⅓ cup lightly packed chopped fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Place beef steak and ½ cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of reserved marinade for ratatouille; set aside. Brush vegetables (except tomatoes) with some of remaining reserved marinade.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steak. Grill steak, covered, 12 to 14 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Cut grilled vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
- Carve steak into thin slices.
- For ratatouille, combine remaining vegetables, tomatoes, basil and reserved 2 tablespoons marinade in medium bowl; toss to coat. Season ratatouille and remaining steak with salt and black pepper, as desired. Serve ratatouille with steak.