If you’re looking for a nice breakfast that can be cooked at home, outdoors or camping the Apple Pancake is a great way to go. The dish is filling and has a great flavor. I love pancakes and this one is a favorite of mine. Keep in mind this is not a diet pancake, but for a once in awhile indulgence it’s a good choice.
Using a handy dandy apple peeler, corer and slicer will make life a little easier. If you don’t have one then get yourself a sharp knife and do it the old school way.
You can eat this great tasting apple pancake in the cast iron skillet or flip it out onto a place and eat it that way too.
What’s really great about this dish is it’s multifunctional. Eat it in the morning for breakfast or top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert at night.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven, grill or smoker to 425 degrees
- Melt butter, over low heat, in a 5 inch cast iron skillet
- When butter melts pour half of it into a small bowl.
- Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon to skillet. Cook apples until soft and brown sugar is bubbling
- While apples cook combine butter, flour and egg in bowl. Whip until smooth.
- When apples are cooked pour batter on to the apples and cook in the oven until golden brown. About 10 minutes.
- Serve right from the skillet or invert on a plate.