Yesterday I posted a recipe for Grilled Steelhead with Salmonberry Glaze. This was served with some fantastic grilled vegetable couscous. Here’s the recipe!
Grilled Vegetable Couscous
Author: BBQ Grail
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 2 cups Toasted Pearl (Israeli) Couscous
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoons Todd's Crabby Dirt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Zucchini Squash, quartered
- 2 Yellow Summer Squash, sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Toss the squash in a bowl with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Set aside
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, add the couscous and butter and Dirt.
- Cook the couscous until done. About 8 to 10 minutes
- While couscous cooks grill the squash until done.
- Cut the squash into chunks and return to bowl.
- When the couscous is done add to bowl with squash and toss.
- Season with additional salt if needed
You could use just about any grilled veggie with this dish. If you don't have Todd's Dirt then use another "herbal" type seasoning.