Grilled Tossed Vegetables
- 6 cups eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons margarine
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and cube eggplant to make about 6 cups. Mix with the chopped green pepper and chopped onion.
- Cut 3 pieces of heavy-duty foil about 12 x 18 inches. Divide the eggplant mixture evenly on foil. Place 1 teaspoon margarine on mixture; sprinkle with basil, or if preferred use chopped fresh basil. Close foil tightly.
- Place foil packs on grill 3-4 inches from heat; cook for about 35 minutes.
- Chop tomato and place on another piece of foil. Close foil and place on grill the last 15 minutes of eggplant cooking time.
- Remove vegetables from foil; blend together in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don’t have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.