Grilled Sweet And Hot Sausage With Grilled Onion Marmalade
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Entree
- 3 red onions, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup creme de cassis
- ¼ cup grenadine
- ¼ cup red wine
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 2 red peppers, grilled, quartered and seeded
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, halved vertically, then quartered
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, halved vertically then quartered
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Preheat grill.
- Brush the onions with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper and grill until lightly brown. Remove from the grill and slice thinly.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and jalapeño and cook for 1 minute. Add the vinegar, cassis, grenadine, red wine and reduce until the liquid has almost evaporated. Remove from heat, add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill sausages. Serve at room temperature. Each sandwich gets sausage, red pepper and marmalade on a hogie.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The original recipe title as listed is “Grilled Sweet And Hot Sausage With Grilled Onion Marmalade And Red Peppers”.