Recipe: Grilled Shrimp With Bacon
- 2 lbs fresh jumbo shrimp
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup catsup
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup oil
- ½ lb bacon, (or more)
- Shell and devein uncooked shrimp. In a bowl, mix next 5 ingredients. Marinate shrimp in mixture 30 minutes. to 1 hour at room temp.
- Cut bacon into thirds or halves and wrap bacon around shrimp. Thread onto skewers.
- Grill until bacon is crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Turn several times and brush with reserved marinade.
- Bacon dripping will cause the grill to flare up, so keep the water spritzer handy.
- Serve at once with lemon wedges.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don’t have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.