Grilled Mushroom Potato Salad With Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 4 large shiitake mushrooms
- 2 large portobello mushroom, stems removed
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large red potatoes, cut 1″ cubes
- and cooked
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers, julienned
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup coarsely-chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat grill. Brush the mushrooms with ¼ cup of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and slice thinly.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and add the mushrooms, onions and red pepper.
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic in a medium bowl until combined. Slowly add the remaining ¾ cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Add the thyme and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.