Grilled Faux Salisbury Steak
Recipe Type: Entree
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons nuoc nam (fish sauce)
- 3 cups beef broth
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together well except beef broth and flour. Shape meat into steak sized oval patties.
- Grill over hot oak or hickory coals until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Put meat into a cast iron skillet, add beef broth and flour, and cook over medium heat for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When flour has cooked, remove from heat and serve. If you want a thicker gravy, add more flour to the pan at the start.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don’t have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.