Grilled Asparagus With Mozzarella
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 20 large asparagus stalks, peeled
- olive oil
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella, cut into four half-inch-thick slices
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all vinaigrette ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat grill.
- Brush asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Divide the asparagus among 4 plates and immediately top with a slice of the cheese. Drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.