Author: BBQ Grail
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven, grill or smoker to 425 degrees
- Melt butter, over low heat, in a 5 inch cast iron skillet
- When butter melts pour half of it into a small bowl.
- Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon to skillet. Cook apples until soft and brown sugar is bubbling
- While apples cook combine butter, flour and egg in bowl. Whip until smooth.
- When apples are cooked pour batter on to the apples and cook in the oven until golden brown. About 10 minutes.
- Serve right from the skillet or invert on a plate.
Recipe by at http://www.embersandflame.com/cooking/how-about-apple-pancakes-for-breakfast/