Ranch-Style Chili con Carne for 100
Author: The Michigan Dry Bean Commission
Recipe Type: Entree
- 15 pounds dry Pinto Beans with enough water to cover
- 5 gallons water
- 20 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 pounds onions, diced
- 2 (#10) cans (about 7 quarts) tomato sauce
- 1 (#10) can (about 3-1/2 quarts) tomatoes, chopped
- 5 ounces chili powder
- 4 ounces cumin
- 2 ounces garlic salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can whole green peppers, chopped
- 2 gallons beef stock
- Hot red chili peppers, crushed, to taste
- Cover beans in water and soak for up to 8 hours (or overnight in the refrigerator.) Drain and rinse.
- In a large stockpot, combine beans and 5 gallons water. Simmer with lit slightly tilted, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beans are tender. Drain.
- In nonstick pan, brown beef and onions. Add beef mixture and remaining ingredients to the beans. Simmer for 30 minutes or until flavors are fully blended.
Recipe by Embers and Flame at http://www.embersandflame.com/recipes/ranch-style-chili-con-carne-for-100/