Blue Corn Muffins
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 2 ounces unsalted butter - (1/2 stick)
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup finely-diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño peppers (finely diced)
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped cilantro leaves
- ¾ cup blue cornmeal (can substitute yellow)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Grease a 6 slot muffin pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, bell pepper, jalapeño, corn and cilantro. Whisk in the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar. Mix into the liquid mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffins slots and bake for 16 minutes or until set, turning the pan once for even baking.
- This recipe yields 6 muffins.
Recipe by at http://www.embersandflame.com/recipes/blue-corn-muffins/