Grilled Squid And Sweet Onion Salad With Roasted Tomatoes And Green Chile Vinaigrette
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Entree
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pure olive oil (plus)
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 whole squid, skinned, cleaned
- 2 sweet onions, peeled, and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound arugula
- 1/2 pound frisee
- 6 fresh mint leaves,cut chiffonade
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (plus)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place cut-side up on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until soft, then seed and dice.
- Preheat grill. Brush squid and onions with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill squid on each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Grill onions on both sides until just tender, then chop coarsely.
- Combine squid, arugula, frisee and onions in a large serving bowl. Toss with Green Chile Vinaigrette and top with roasted tomatoes and mint.
- Puree poblano and garlic with vinegar in a blender. With motor running, slowly add oil until emulsified. Add honey and salt and pepper to taste and pour into a squeeze bottle to dress salad.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Recipe by Embers and Flame at http://www.embersandflame.com/grilled-squid-and-sweet-onion-salad-with-roasted-tomatoes-and-green-chile-vinaigrette/