Red Cole Slaw
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- ½ large red cabbage head (finely shredded,)
- and divided
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place vinegar and oil in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Place ¾ of the cabbage in a large bowl and add the hot vinegar mixture and stir well. Add the caraway seed and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix together all ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour, until wilted.
- Just before serving, add the remaining raw cabbage.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Recipe by Embers and Flame at http://www.embersandflame.com/recipe-red-cole-slaw/