Grilled Snapper Vera Cruz
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Entree
- 4 snapper fillets, 6 oz ea
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat the grill.
- Brush the fish with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and cover.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non-corrosive saute pan over medium-high heat, add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add wine and reduce. Add tomatoes, green olives, capers and pepper, sugar and bay leaf and bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Reduce heat, add grilled fish and cook for 2 minutes.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Recipe by at http://www.embersandflame.com/recipes/grilled-snapper-vera-cruz/