Garden Grilled Cheese Sandwiches W Black Olive Mayonnaise
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Entree
- 8 slices sourdough bread, 1" thick
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 16 slices fontina cheese, ¼" thick
- 2 red peppers, grilled, and cut into eighths
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, sliced thinly
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 cup good-quality mayonniase
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup nicoise olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill.
- Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil. Place 4 slices of bread on a baking sheet and place 2 slices of fontina, 4 slices of pepper, artichokes and arugula on each slice of bread. Top each slice with the remaining 4 slices of bread and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Black Olive Mayonnaise: Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Serve with sandwiches.
- This recipe yields 4 sandwiches.
Recipe by Embers and Flame at http://www.embersandflame.com/recipes/garden-grilled-cheese-sandwiches-w-black-olive-mayonnaise/