Peanut-Chipotle Sauce Basting Sauce
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup finely-diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pureed canned chipotle
- In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat the butter and sweat the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the next 8 ingredients and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor, pour into a bowl and whisk in the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and chipotle.
- Use as a basting sauce for grilled pork.
- This recipe yields ?? servings.
Recipe by at http://www.embersandflame.com/recipes/peanut-chipotle-sauce/