Warm Smoked Salmon Salad Tartines
Author: Lynda Balslev
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 10 ounces warm smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha or hot sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices baguette, cut 1/2-inch thick, or 5 slices peasant/levain bread, cut in half
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 10 Tuscan kale leaves (or baby gem lettuce leaves)
- 1/2 lemon
- Combine the salmon, onion, parsley, lemon juice, yogurt, capers, Sriracha and pepper in a bowl. Mix with a fork to thoroughly combine.
- Brush the bread with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Toast in oven until light golden on both sides. Remove and cool slightly.
- Tear 2-inch tips off of the kale leaves. (Save the rest of the kale for another use). Place a leaf tip on bread. Brush with olive oil. Spoon salmon salad over the kale. Squeeze with half lemon.
Recipe by Embers and Flame at http://www.embersandflame.com/recipe-lynda-balslevs-warm-smoked-salmon-salad-tartines/