Chicken with Walnut Basil Crust
Author: Larry Gaian @BBQGrail
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 fryer chicken, quartered and skin removed
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- ¾ cup walnut pieces
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Process crust ingredients in a food processor to a fine paste. Pat over top and sides of chicken pieces.
- To grill with charcoal using indirect heat” build a fire with about 20 briquettes on 1 said of a grill. When coals are medium-hot arrange chicken, crust side up, on side of grill without briquettes.
- Cover grill and cook 30 to 40 minutes until chicken is opaque near the bone.