Author: War Eagle Mill
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 1 cup War Eagle Mill Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup War Eagle Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed and NOT diluted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 large carrots, grated finely (about 1½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, margarine or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- Spray or oil an 8-10 inch cast iron skillet or baking pan. Or fill 12 muffin cups ⅔ full and place in a muffin tin.
- Place in oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Beat 1 egg lightly in medium size bowl.
- Grate carrots
- Add carrots, milk, orange juice concentrate, honey or sugar, melted butter or oil to beaten egg.
- In a small bowl, stir dry ingredients together.
- Add to carrot/egg mix blending well.
- When oven reaches temperature and pan is hot, remove from oven.
- Spoon in batter.
- Bake for 35-40 or minutes (20 – 25 min for muffins) until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Check out <a href=”http://www.wareaglemill.com” target=”_blank” data-mce-href=”http://www.wareaglemill.com”>War Eagle Mill</a> for ingredients.