My job on Easter was to reheat the ham and get it ready for dinner. I decided this would be a good opportunity for me to experiment on a new ham glaze. I say experiment because the only ingredient I knew I was going to use was Colman’s Mustard. On my table a ham glaze has to have mustard in it. There’s just something about the flavor of mustard on a good ham that tastes awesome. After going through the refrigerator and pantry I came up with a little change up on the standard maple syrup and mustard ham glaze.
- 1 cup Salmonberry Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Colman's Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Terrapin Ridge Farms Passion Fruit Jalapeno Jelly
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and reduce about ¼, stirring frequently
- Glaze the ham 15 minutes before removing from oven or grill.
- Serve remainder as a table sauce.