MOINK Ball Sub...but not sub-par
I wanted to come up with something that was not too complicated, and that most people could make using MOINK Balls as the main ingredient.
I first made up about 50 MOINK Balls (Only 24 were needed for the challenge, the rest were snacks) and I also made up some Bacon wrapped Mushrooms just because I have not made those before.
I took the frozen Italian Meatballs out of the freezer and marinated them with Italian Salad Dressing.
Next step was to wrap with half slices of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
I then used some Pork rub that I picked up at a local Rib-fest and coated the Bacon Wrapped Meatballs with the rub.
The MOINK Balls were cooked low and slow on my gas grill for about 2 hours to get it to the doneness of bacon I was looking for.
I used Ted Readers Pineapple Rum BBQ Sauce, which would be an excellent choice for this as the sugar content worked really well as a glaze.
coating the MOINK Balls and putting them back on the grill for 10 minutes.
I set the MOINK Balls a side and we ate the bacon wrapped Mushrooms as an appetizer.
Next I put some Mushrooms that I coated with butter and some pork rub along with some sliced Red Onion into foil packs and on to the BBQ for 20 minutes.
Now to put together the SUBS.
1. Slice 6 Italian Panini Buns down center but not all the way through.
2. Add half slice of Havarti Cheese with Jalapeno Peppers inside each bun.
3. Insert 4 MOINK Balls into each bun.
4. Add sliced Italian Tomatoes to each bun.
5. Add cooked Onions and optional some of the mushrooms (sliced) from foil packs to each bun (though I did not use the mushrooms today, rather I sauced and grilled the mushrooms for another appetizer.)
6. Add some more Pineapple Rum sauce or as I did added some SamDog Yellow Dog BBQ Sauce, Shredded Cheese, Nacho Cheese Sauce and Salsa to each Bun.
7. Heat up each sandwich for 2 minutes in a microwave and Serve.
They were fantastic, Since I used a number of different tastes together in the bun it resulted in an explosion of flavors with every bite.
Here are some pictures:
To leave a comment for Wilfred’s entry please leave a positive comment below.